Links with Eco-Bos and the West Carclaze Garden Village
Formed in 2010 Eco-Bos is a joint venture between Orascom Development and Imerys to develop a series of sustainable communities in Cornwall.
There are six vision statements for the West Carclaze Garden Village, all of which support the curriculum vision of Sky:
- A VERY CORNISH GARDEN VILLAGE: A new garden village with a distinctly Cornish sense of place, deeply rooted in this remarkable post-industrial landscape.
- COMMUNITY BUILDING: A new garden village that has the capacity and facilities to build and foster a sustainable and balanced new community.
- A PLACE OF WILDERNESS, WETLAND AND WONDER: A new garden village built within the unique skyline, dramatic and historic landscape, rooted in the industrial ‘Clay Country’ heritage.
- A LONG TERM VISION FOR REGENERATING THE CLAY COUNTRY: A new garden village that will provide an exemplar for post-mining regeneration in the Clay Country.
- A PLACE WORKING WITH AND FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT: A new garden village that can deliver environmentally friendly development and enhanced biodiversity.
- A ‘VILLAGE OF GARDENS’: A new garden village with an extensive network of gardens and wild spaces throughout that makes it a truly special place with healthy, social and life- enhancing spaces.
The site is covered by a design code which is a requirement of the outline planning permission for the wider West Carclaze Garden Village scheme and is endorsed by Cornwall Council. The Design Code is accessible via the Council’s web-based Planning Portal (ref PA14/12186) and provides the energy efficiency standard as well as the aesthetic quality of the dwellings.
Kernow Learning are represented on the West Carclaze focus group led by Eco-Bos and have been since 2018. There are also representatives from the Parish Council, Local Businesses and members of the community. The group meets to discuss development of the project and how it can be supported.
The first phase of the housing development is taking place and it is expected for the first houses to be occupied by June 2021.